Scientist II- SPR-Biophysics応募後で応募 求人ID R0068030 掲載日 05/24/2022 Location:San Diego, California
The Drug Discovery Sciences (DDS) department at Takeda is looking for an independent and creative biophysicist with a focus on characterizing small molecules interaction with proteins and RNAs using SPR methods. You will be asked to be well-versed in the development of complementary biophysics techniques (i.e., ITC, TSA) to provide innovative solutions and address target specific needs and challenges. The biophysicist will work in a diverse environment with chemists, structural biologists and pharmacologists in addition to other biophysicists of the group.
- Manage the development of experiments to support drug discovery projects aimed at identifying novel small molecules/fragments and characterizing their interactions with potential drug targets.
- Identify opportunities for SPR, ITC,TSA, MS and other technologies to investigate both proteins and RNAs.
- Work with other biophysicists in the team to develop integrative approaches to address specific challenges and bottlenecks.
- Lead the identification and use of current and latest biophysics technologies, whether performed internally or accessed with outside collaborators to improve projects.
- Identify opportunities to collaborate with partners (academic, biotech and CRO) to enhance in-house capabilities. Leads external collaborations.
- Participate on teams and provides technical leadership in biophysics/SPR.
- Present data to project teams; may present data/posters to external research or scientific community
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURALCOMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Ph.D. or equivalent with Post Doc in Biophysics or a related discipline, or
- MS degree with at least 6 years of Biophysics experience, or
- BS degree with at least 8 years of Biophysics experience, and a demonstrated working knowledge of Biophysics scientific principles, or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience with biophysical techniques including, TSA, SPR, ITC, DLS, and fluorescence spectroscopy.
- Experience studying protein/RNA interactions and macromolecular complexes as evidenced by quality and quantity of publications/presentations/inventions.
- Experience with preparation of high-quality protein solutions for biophysics studies.
- Familiar with Structural Biology methods such as X-ray crystallography, NMR spectroscopy and Electron microscopy.
- Demonstrated interest in applying biophysical solutions in fragment-based drug discovery.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan• Tuition reimbursement • Company match of charitable contributions• Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings• Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days• Community Outreach Program
This job posting excludes Colorado applicants.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.