Senior/Principal Scientist - Liver Disease Research and Drug Discovery応募後で応募 求人ID R0021533 掲載日 07/15/2020 Location:San Diego, California
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Scientist in Liver Research and Drug Discovery at our recently dedicated San Diego Research Site.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Scientist in Liver Research, you will be empowered to serve on project teams for discovery to development programs.
The Scientist, Liver Disease Research working in the Gastroenterology Drug Discovery Unit will lead efforts focused on the validation of novel targets and the evaluation of novel anti-fibrotic drug candidates for the treatment of chronic liver diseases.
She/he will be a strong scientific thinker with significant experience in either the molecular/cellular basis of diseases and/or in molecular and cellular pharmacology. He/she will independently design and implement extensive scientific research projects in collaboration with internal research teams, external partners and/or CROS. She/he will need to be a highly collaborative and energetic molecular cell biologist with superior communication skills, who can balance multiple, collaborative projects. He/she will be responsible for mechanisms of action studies for novel targets and drug candidates.
- Develop and oversee novel scientific projects in collaboration with internal and external partners
- Establishes project direction integrating science, key technical knowledge, and program objectives
- Manages relevant target and drug candidate validation and mechanism of action studies using contemporary in vitro and in vivo methods and tools.
- Lead or participate on cross-functional teams and provide technical leadership in area of expertise
- Proactively identify complex obstacles to progress in specific areas; recommend and implement solutions using a diverse set of resources; regularly add value to research projects through creative ideas
- Prepare technical reports, summaries and quantitative analyses in written and/or oral form
- Communicate with colleagues effectively
- Present data to other scientific staff or cross-functional project team; may present data/posters to external research or scientific community
- Performs as a role model supporting Takeda culture and follow policies
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- PhD degree in a scientific discipline with 8+ years experience in researching the molecular/cellular basis of complex diseases and/or molecular pharmacology of biologics, therapeutic antibodies or oligonucleotide-based therapeutics
- Significant understanding of complex biological systems gained from studies of development, disease pathogenesis or pre-clinical therapeutic mechanisms of action
- Demonstrated ability to independently solve scientific problems using multiple, state-of-the-art technologies and approaches
- Demonstrates either or both: exceptional project management skills or broad recognition for
in-depth expertise in a scientific discipline
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- The position is based in San Diego, CA.
- Requires approximately 15-20% or more travel, including international travel.
San Diego, CA
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
San Diego, CA
USA - San Diego - Home