Senior Scientist, Oligonucleotide Chemistry応募後で応募 求人ID R0065920 掲載日 05/04/2022 Location:San Diego, California
About the role:
- Independently designs and implements scientific research projects relating to the development of antisense oligonucleotide or siRNA therapeutics.
- Perform synthesis of chemically modified oligonucleotides
- Contributes to multiple projects, acting as senior scientific consultant, may be cross-functional project team leader or key technical expert to a project team.
Join Takeda as a Senior Scientist in our Oligonucleotide Chemistry team, based in San Diego, CA.
How you will contribute:
- Plays a leading role in the identification, development, validation and implementation of both current and next-generation technologies to enable proprietary ASO and siRNA therapeutic development including purchase and installation of hardware and software supporting synthesis, purification, and characterization of oligonucleotides
- Design screening cascades and deliver ASOs and siRNAs for target validation and candidate selection
- Executes synthesis, purification, and characterization of oligonucleotides in the lab and through effective management of external CRO teams
- Contributes to the identification of novel delivery technology applicable to ASO and/or siRNA therapeutics.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
- Proven track record of scientific contributions in oligonucleotide research/development as evidenced by quality and quantity of publications/presentations/inventions and/or products and clinical candidates
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of the chemistry of nucleosides, nucleotides, and oligonucleotides as applied to both antisense oligo and siRNA technology within a multi-disciplinary drug discovery environment.
- Maintains a current appreciation of the scientific literature and understanding of the state of the art in ASO and siRNA chemistry, purification, and screening strategies
- Demonstrates inter-disciplinary knowledge of drug discovery (in vitro/in vivo pharmacology, ADME, PK/PD/E, translational research & toxicology)
- Collaborate with project teams, as well as core Chemistry team, to expand oligonucleotide synthesis capabilities.
- Recognized as a contributor and/or leader of multi-disciplinary projects, with significant accountability for progress on projects important to achieving site goals.
- Prepares and organizes data for presentation. Communicates strategy and results in written and oral reports to various levels of management. Communicates research efforts to collaborators, corporate partners, or at scientific meetings.
- Strong and effective manager of junior senior scientists, demonstrating exemplary behaviors and able to support and enhance career development of all line reports.
- Scientific driver for research strategy that impacts group internally and outside area of function.
- Highly motivated and flexible with ability to work in fast-paced environment. Ability to provide novel creative solutions to challenging problems. Desire to learn and tackle new challenges and initiatives
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Scientific driver for research strategy that impacts group internally and outside area of function
- Provides expert input in evaluation of external/partnership opportunities, including participating in diligence exercises. Initiates and leads external interactions and collaborations.
- Positive can-do attitude with excellent communication and collaboration skills and ability to work with cross-functional scientists. Ability to clearly and concisely conveys ideas and opinions.
- Leads effort to identify emerging trends in oligonucleotide therapeutics and maintains awareness of competitive landscape
- Develops and contributes to company’s intellectual property domain by way of patents and publications.
- Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry (or a related field) with thesis, publication(s), postdoctoral experience, and a minimum of 3+ years relevant scientific and technical experience including industry experience, or MS with 9+ years experience, or BS with 11+ years experience
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.