Sr. Research Associate II - Liver Projects応募後で応募 求人ID R0021558 掲載日 07/17/2020 Location:San Diego, California
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Sr. Research Associate II, Liver Projects at our recently dedicated San Diego Research Site.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Sr. Research Associate II, Liver Projects, you will be empowered to serve on project teams for discovery to development programs.
With minimal supervision, supports Takeda California drug discovery projects by implementing in vitro pharmacology tasks for Liver projects. Contributes to experimental design, identifies problems and suggest solutions while working on assigned activities
- Independently executes complex phenotypic and mechanistic assays to support validation of drug targets and/or screening of new drugs using a variety of laboratory techniques
- Independently executes in vitro primary liver cell assays, including, but not limited to, hepatic stellate cells and hepatocytes, in support of project teams
- Conducts analysis of experimental results and participates in the drawing of conclusions; integrates these responsibilities to produce quality results with a high level of efficiency
- Participates on Liver project teams and presents data to other scientific staff; may present data/posters to external research and/or scientific communities
- Proactively identifies obstacles to progress in specific areas; recommends and implements solutions using a diverse set of resources; takes initiative to improve work processes; develops innovative scientific methodologies and approaches to enhance research efforts; regularly adds value to research projects through creative ideas
- Keeps an accurate, clear, concise notebook in accordance with company policy
- Maintains lab equipment and supplies as needed; maintains a safe and organized lab bench
- Plans specifics of project work and manages time with oversight from manager or project representative
- Prepares technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses in written and/or oral form; presents technical information at project meetings
- Performs as a role model supporting Takeda culture and follows policies
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Solid understanding of primary cell culture, molecular biology and biochemistry techniques such as ELISA, Western Blot, quantitative reverse transcriptase PCR, gene knockdown (siRNA, shRNA) and knockout (CRISPR).
- Experience with multiple assay detection technologies including fluorescence and luminescence
- Highly competent in executing laboratory experiments; skilled and proficient at making detailed observations, analyzing data, and interpreting results so as to be able to suggest, design and pursue relevant experiments with appropriate controls
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of science/technology outside of specific discipline
- Understands why a series of experiments are selected
- Good oral and written communication skills; communicates with colleagues effectively
- Good multitasking skills
- Works collaboratively with colleagues
- Receives high-level instructions on all work; may determine methods on new assignments; may mentor junior staff
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- BS in a scientific discipline (or equivalent) with 4+ years experience, or MS in a scientific discipline with 1+ years experience
- WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
San Diego, CA