Sr. Research Associate II - Neuroscience Histology/Ex Vivo Biomarker応募後で応募 求人ID R0065791 掲載日 05/11/2022 Location:San Diego, California
About the role:
The Sr. Research Associate II will independently contribute to the development of neuroscience-relevant biomarker assays and provide histology support to portfolio programs within the Neuroscience Drug Discovery Unit. This includes; preparation of rodent brain tissue for histology, immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, in situ hybridization/RNAscope and other methods to evaluate biological targets in brain tissue, confocal microscopy and quantitative analysis (manual or automated). Expertise in ex vivo assays such as western blot, ELISA, PCR a plus. This position requires agility and flexibility to switch between independent work and collaboration with a high-performing close knit team. The ideal candidate will provide complex problem resolution within project scope.
Join Takeda as a Sr. Research Associate II - Neuroscience Histology/Ex Vivo Biomarker, based in San Diego, CA.
How you will contribute:
- Works independently to conduct multiple complex analyses of biological targets in brain tissue, requiring preparation and sectioning of brain tissue via cryostat or other methods, immunohistochemistry/immunofluorescence or other histology methods, microscopy, quantitative assessment (manual and/or automated).
- Independently follows protocols, develops and validates novel protocols/assays, and troubleshoots non-routine methods, instrumentation and software issues.
- Expected to be highly organized, able to manage priorities and set appropriate weekly workload for the ex vivo studies including coordinating with project leaders to set acceptable timelines for each project based on urgency and resource limitations.
- Communicate clearly with a variety of partners including in vivo pharmacology team and other neuroscientists; works collaboratively when required on study design and assay development. Prepares and presents technical information and data updates at project or departmental meetings as appropriate
- Independently keeps abreast of current Neuroscience literature to increase knowledge base and implement improvements
- Keeps an accurate, comprehensible, concise notebook in accordance with company policy
- Perform general lab support duties including preparation of solutions and ordering supplies.
- Able to train junior personnel to perform studies
- BS in a scientific discipline (or equivalent) with 6+ years experience, or MS in a scientific discipline, or equivalent with 2+ years experience
- Expertise in rodent brain tissue preparation and use of cryostat/vibratome/microtome required. Experience with human or non-human primate brain tissues desirable.
- Expertise in immunohistochemistry/immunofluorescence and other histological methods required
- Experienced in evaluating antibodies and developing PCR probes
- Expertise in confocal or other microscopy
- Utilizes a battery of ex vivo assay technologies; qPCR, western blot, immunoassays or other ex vivo tissue analysis methods
- Experience in immunoprecipitation and protein extraction
- Highly skilled in quantitative analysis of targets in brain tissue, statistical analysis, graphing programs like Graphpad Prism, PowerPoint presentations, Excel and software programs to image tissues and analyze histological targets
- Familiarity with rodent in vivo methods (i.e. handling, p.o.dosing), necropsy and sample collection procedures a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and possess the ability to work independently as well as part of a tightknit team
- Experience in drug discovery, particularly Neuroscience and diseases of the central nervous system
- Ability to mentor junior scientists and interns
- Ability to design and interpret experiments collaboratively and independently
- Ability to be agile and flexible- manage multiple tasks and priorities to achieve desired goals
- Excellent attention to detail
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.