Sr. Scientist Biotransformation応募 後で応募 求人ID R0010932 掲載日 07/30/2019 Location:San Diego, California
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Sr Scientist Biotransformation at our recently dedicated San Diego Research Site.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Sr Scientist Biotransformation working on the DMPK team, you will be empowered to serve on project teams for discovery to development programs.
Independently designs, develops and executes biotransformation research assignments.
Contributing to drug discovery and early drug development through the conduct of in vitro and in vivo drug metabolism studies.
Contributes to multiple projects, acting as senior scientific consultant or as manager of a smaller, early staged matrix project team
- Independently develops solutions and strategies within own expertise while using breadth of knowledge of other disciplines.
- Participates in early clinical candidate selection and asset characterization in support of clinical trials.
- Ensures the appropriate conduct of studies, leads the interpretation of study results, and prepares study reports suitable for internal or regulatory use
- Scientifically assesses and recommends vendors, and outsources nonclinical studies to appropriate contract research organizations.
- Collaborate in a team environment.
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Demonstrates broad technical program knowledge.
- Acts as the recognized scientific resource on an aspect of a program.
- Demonstrates effective project management skills.
- Conducts in vitro and in vivo drug metabolism studies designed to understand biotransformation pathways/routes of elimination of large and small molecules, occasionally with radiolabelled (14C & 3H) material.
- Selects, operates, and maintains mass spectrometric equipment, and interprets mass spectral data to make structural assignments.
- Performs biotransformation studies to support small molecules and other therapeutic modalities such as peptide, peptidomemetic, peptide conjugates, siRNA, Anti-Sense Oligonucleotide (ASO) and Antibody-Drug Conjugates (ADC).
- Demonstrates a fundamental understanding of various DMPK areas such as physicochemical properties, PK, and drug metabolizing enzymes.
- Collaborates with both internal members of the group as well as discovery/early development project teams.
- Develops and oversees novel scientific projects and will manage the work of others directly or in a matrixed structure.
- May require training and oversight of junior colleagues.
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Independently manages workload and expectations.
- Scientifically independent.
- Provides information to group to influence direction, departmental goals and/or business.
- Collaborates with others, and acts as scientific resource for an aspect of a program.
- Participates in external interactions and collaborations.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
- Receives high level instructions on work; determines methods on new assignments; greater demonstrated independence; may manage junior staff.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD degree in chemistry, biochemistry, medicinal chemistry or a related discipline with 5+ years experience , or
- MS with 10+ years experience, or
- BS with 12+ years experience
- Legallyauthorized toworkin theUnitedStates
San Diego, CA
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
San Diego, CA