Sr Scientist – RNA Biology応募後で応募 求人ID R0021739 掲載日 07/28/2020 Location:San Diego, California
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Sr. Scientist RNA Biology at our recently dedicated San Diego Research Site.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Sr. Scientist on the Early Target Discovery Team, you will be empowered to serve on project teams for discovery to development programs.
The Sr Scientist, RNA Biology in Early Target Discovery group, based in San Diego, leads collaborative efforts aiming to target identification and Mechanism of Action (MOA) validation in the field of RNA Homeostasis. The goal of such efforts is to provide knowledge and expertise for the initiation of formal drug discovery campaigns by Takeda Research. The candidate will also provide expertise in new RNA-related drug modalities (ASO, RNAi, Splicing Modulators, Epitranscriptomics-targeting SMs). The candidate will work and interact in a highly matrix environment including statistical geneticists, biologists and drug discovery units with the goal providing insights into RNA Biology and druggability.
- Initiate and Coordinates the Early Target Discovery’s efforts in RNA Biology space
- Serves as project leader to identify new targets in the RNA Biology space to initiation of discovery programs in alignment with Takeda Drug Discovery Unit priorities.
- Initiates investigation of new experimental approaches to specific problems related to RNA Homeostasis and RNA-related drug modalities using scientific theory and technical literature
- Leverage a deep understanding of the molecular mechanisms of splicing, RNA Binding proteins and RNA secondary modifications to build a target identification and validation pipeline.
- Design, build, and validate genetic splicing reporters for target identification and validation, functional screens, and mechanism-of-action studies.
- Carefully document results in databases and in written and oral scientific reports.
- Collect, analyze and interpret data in appropriate scientific context
- Prepares and presents comprehensive technical or project reports and formal presentations / posters to full range of internal/external audiences
- Professionally represents the organization in collaborations, partnership discussions, and external conferences.
- Proactively builds external relationships and collaborations that supplement group’s capabilities
- Supports an overall group culture that is agile, proactive, collaborative, innovative, and external facing
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- The position requires broad technical experience that spans molecular biology, synthetic biology, RNA synthesis, structural RNA biology and RNA binding protein biology
- Develop new, innovative tools/assays for synthesizing, manipulating and analyzing RNA
- Determine and analyze RNA structure and modification and optimize RNA structure for functionality
- Ability and interest to work on multiple disease areas (Neurobiology, Cancer and Rare Diseases).
- Demonstrated independent thought/creativity
- Additional documented experience in new RNA-based drug modalities is a significant plus.
- Acts as the recognized scientific resource on an aspect of a program
- Demonstrates effective project engagement skills
- Independent, self-motivated and innovative
- Ability to excel in a goal-oriented, multifaceted and fast-moving team environment is required.
- Identifies, plans and executes novel scientific projects and may manage the work of others a direct or matrixed structure
- Outstanding communication, organizational and leadership skills, with a successful track record of collaborating with cross-functional scientific teams is required.
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Independently manages workload and expectations, may mentor/manage junior staff
- Scientific driver for research strategy that impacts group internally and outside area of function
- May influence decision making within the department
- Initiates and leads external interactions and collaborations on RNA Biology.
- Frequent contact with internal and external personnel at various management levels
- Determines methods on new assignments; makes strategic recommendations on projects
- Ability to provide novel creative solutions to challenging problems
- Receives high level instructions on all work, determines methods on new assignments, works closely with manager
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD. with 5+ years experience in molecular biology or neuroscience or rare disease space focus of RNA Biology
- Post-doc experience is a must
- Biotech/pharma drug discovery experience is a strong plus.
- Experience in studying RNA splicing, Epitranscriptomics, RNA Binding Proteins
- Experience in CRISPR, base editing methodologies is a plus
- Proven track record of scientific contributions in RNA Biology studies, functional characterization of RNA, RBP, splicing mechanisms.
- Positive can-do attitude with strong collaboration skills and ability to team effectively with drug discovery scientists.
- Highly motivated and flexible with ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, especially the ability to work across multiple scientific disciplines and functions are preferred.
- WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
San Diego, CA