Head of Critical Utilities応募後で応募 求人ID R0056598 掲載日 01/05/2022 Location:Thousand Oaks, California
About the role:
This position is for an Engineering leader with the ability to establish a vision for an organization and accomplish towards that vision while using solid engineering methodology. You will report to the Site Head. Provide management to a team of managers, superintendents and supervisors while maintaining responsibility for implementing all activities within the facilities team. The primary focus of this role is to ensure plant specific engineering goals (safety, compliance, fulfillment, and financial) are achieved through the efficient use of resources. We ask that you have vision to identify excellence in engineering, facilities, and maintenance and build a motivated team to achieve it.
How you will contribute:
- Establish priorities based on the plants existing deliverables and corporate goals by anticipating and applying industry standards and new technologies.
- Develop and align an engineering site vision of our contribution to the Biologics OpU goals.
- Maximize the effectiveness of all resources to meet our goals.
- Use a broad knowledge base and experience within team environments to coordinate the activities of multiple engineering teams and individual contributors to meet plant goals and prepare for future expansion.
- Create an environment where team members experience personal and professional growth and move towards becoming a motivated team.
- Implement reliability centered maintenance programs and conduct life cycle analysis for all essential systems.
- Be the site's Energy Expert and improve projects across the campus.
- Ensure reliable uninterrupted service for all essential systems that support a 24/7 manufacturing operation
- Identify opportunities to use the essential systems in a more efficient manner to improve and reduce operating costs.
- Ensure efficient workflow and documentation of PMs and WOs. Justify the need for additional resources or outside support.
- Create and administer the budget, approve expenditures, create, and issue purchase orders, and forecast expenses.
- Submit capital requests to support equipment replacement, upgrades, and other improvements.
- Partner with Project Engineering and Project Managers to ensure the smooth transition of Projects into daily operations.
- Ensure a safe work environment is maintained through adherence to safety guidelines. Follow safety rules and ensure compliance with CA state and federal EPA regulation and laws. Specific responsible system repairs, upkeep, maintenance, and operations managed within regulating agencies.
- Ensure all mandatory training requirements are met, including annual EHS training, GMP refresher training and any applicable training requirements for all employees.
- Build a team, provide necessary training and ongoing coaching, discipline, and recognition of staff, including performing annual performance reviews
- Manage development and succession plans for the team.
- Proficient for the operation and maintenance of utility systems including WFI, RO, clean steam, plant steam, compressed air, nitrogen, boilers, and wastewater treatment plants.
- Understand the design, installation, and maintenance of Electrical Services and equipment that support a complex manufacturing plant.
- Knowledge of utility equipment, using blueprints, equipment manuals, specifications, standard operating procedures, and taking corrective actions during equipment malfunction.
- Knowledge of hazardous chemicals and their disposal, OSHA, EPA, and FDA requirements.
- Have knowledge of engineering operations (e.g., facilities, utilities, maintenance, and design).
- Experience managing operations in a manufacturing environment.
What you bring to Takeda:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering field is preferred.
- 5-10 year of experience leading utilities technicians and engineers for an FDA regulated facility in an CGMP environment.
What Takeda can offer you:
Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
Family Planning Support
Professional development opportunities
At Takeda, our patients rely on us to deliver quality products. As a result, we must follow strict rules in our manufacturing facilities to ensure we are not endangering the quality of the product. In this role, you may:
- Work in a controlled environment requiring special gowning and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body. This may include additional hearing protection for loud areas.
- Need to remove all make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish and artificial fingernails while in the manufacturing environment.
- Work in a cold, wet environment.
- Work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and Celite that may require respiratory protection.
- In general, it's a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
- Able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Majority of time will be spent inside (normal office environment).
- May be asked to manage hazardous wastes in compliance with company procedures and State/Federal/Local hazardous waste regulations. Responsibilities may include identifying, handling, generating, accumulating, storing, labeling and on-site transporting of hazardous wastes.
- May climb up and into large processing tanks for cleaning or inspection.
- work more than 8 hours a day or 40 hours a workweek.
- Availability on call and may require different shift, weekend, or holiday work contingent upon our needs.
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and excellent patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company to inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to provide Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This posting excludes Colorado applicants.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.