Lead, ESG and Value Creation Management応募 後で応募 求人ID R0112107 掲載日 01/31/2024 Location:Tokyo, Japan
Takeda is unwavering in our commitment to patients. With the patient at the center of everything we do, we continue to innovate and drive changes that will better their lives - we’re looking for like-minded professionals to join us.
Takeda is a global industry leader –we are united by our four priorities (Patients, Trust, Reputation, and Business) and our shared values of Takeda-ism: Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. Takeda-ism is more than just a word. It’s a belief and a mindset which guides our decisions, behaviors, and interactions. It’s how we strive to work and live, every day.
Takeda creates sustained growth through values-based impact. We operationalize our corporate philosophy to create long-term value with our corporate values. By using our core strengths and capabilities as a biopharmaceutical company, Takeda creates long-term value for patients, shareholders and society while also sustaining positive impact for our people, communities, and the planet. Our sustained growth through enduring values fuses why we exist (our purpose) with where we are going (our vision) and how we deliver on our vision (our values). Our Leadership Behaviors, anchored in our values, guide our employees on how to deliver operations consistent with our vision and purpose. We believe that everyone in Takeda is a leader regardless of their role and we expect our people to focus on four behaviors: Think Strategically, Inspire Others, Deliver Priorities and Elevate Capabilities as they contribute to our vision and purpose. Our imperatives and priorities direct where Takeda must focus to deliver on our vision and purpose. Informed by a materiality assessment, these imperatives and priorities are framed under patient-people-planet powered by data, digital and technology with corporate philosophy metrics that hold us accountable for making progress on these focus areas.
With that in mind, this role will help further Takeda’s sustained growth to:
• Establish internal control systems of ESG data to protect corporate reputation
• Empower people in this organization who create and perform long-term value creation to build, promote and protect corporate reputation
1. Be a leader and empower team and people building knowledge around sustainability and ESG, and what it will take for sustainability as an enabler for us to bring long-term value creation to life.
2. Demonstrate the leadership as a member of the Sustainability LT with Head of Global Sustainability and Head of Sustainability Network Management based out of Boston reporting directly to Head of Global Sustainability and co-own the team performance and capability building, drive team culture and embrace life-long learning mindset.
3. Be accountable for internal control system of ESG data by partnering with responsible corporate functions based in Tokyo and Boston, which meet forthcoming requirements (e.g. Annual Integrated Report, ESG indices, and non-financial metrics in financial reportings) and leverage existing operating models
4. Drive ownership/leadership of internal stakeholders to shape conversations of sustainability/ESG to activate build sustainability ambassadors foundation (e.g. voluntary employee engagement group) to promote corporate reputation
5. Supervise outside stakeholders’s engagement and work collaboratively with Boston-based team members to build trust with prioritized outside stakeholders given the variety of outside stakeholders (e.g. institutional stakeholders, shareholders, financial advisory, pharma/non-pharma organizations, regulatory) .
6. Provide outside-in data-driven ESG insights that can be great impact for innovation and sustainability stories to strengthen favorability and familiarity of Takeda
7. Partner with senor leaders (TET-1 and -2) to clarify our message towards sustainability through leadership communication to set up their aspiration in the future
CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE:
• Inclusive leadership for people
1. Effective collaboration: Empower others, pay attention to diversity of thinking and psychological safety, and focus on team cohesion
2. Curiosity about others/Inspire others/think about others: Demonstrate an open mindset and deep curiosity about others, listen without judgment, and demonstrate empathy to understand those around
3. Humility: Be modest about capabilities of self and others, accept mistakes and encourage to learn, and create the space for others to contribute.
4. Cultural intelligence: Be attentive to others’ cultures and adjust style as required for effective teamwork given taking a global role with partnering so many stakeholders with different back-grounds and cultures
• Values-based governance/decision-making for the organization
1. Commit to process-driven and transparent governance and operating model
2. Enhance agile decision-making to fit for purpose by having conitinued and trusted partnership with key stakeholders fully engaged
3. Strong problem solving skills : critical thinking, process information, creativity that allows to break down difficulties and challenges into smaller, easier and getting ahead to more mana-geable points
• Flexibility and resilience mindset for sustainability and ESG
1. Fully capable of understanding the enterprise agenda and its requirements, which is still evol-ving given uncertain ESG world outside. Need capability to catch outside ESG perspective and bring right key takekaways to Takeda sustainability strategy
2. Be flexible to review and adjust priorities in line with our sustainability/ESG agenda and capable to orchestrate all the components that can help leaders decide right directions towards Takeda’s long-term value-creation
3. Thrive in ambiguity and ongoing operations towards getting directions : linked with #1, need to think about the optimal approach given current situation and information that leaders are having by being mindful of our organizational vision and purpose with enduring values and being aspira-tional to aim stretching areas we are capable to explore.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Caring leadership : think about people first with empowerment and encouragement. Commit to team rather than individual goals. Embrace well-being and life-long learning mindset of the team.
- Commit to the deliverables and KPIs : right prioritization, capable of people management, time man-agement and expectation management
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills : qualified data-driven decision making is highly expected. (Preferred: finance background)
- Inclusive relationship building and influencing skills : proven ability to gain buy-in for ideas and pro-posals, and generate consensus among diverse cross functional internal and external stakeholders
- Strategic/enterprise mindset : capable of creating and articulating our path moving forward aligning with our purpose
- Business level of Japanese and English
- Global work experience is a plus
- 7-10 years in business operations. Pharmaceutical industry experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s (or Graduate preferred) degree in Sciences, Business, Sustainability, or other relevant areas.
勤務時間：本社（大阪市中央区・東京都中央区）9:00～17:30 、工場（山口県光市・大阪市淀川区）8:00～16:45 、研究所（神奈川県藤沢市）9:00～17:45
Better Health, Brighter Future
What Takeda can offer you:
Allowances: Commutation, Housing, Overtime Work etc.
Salary Increase: Annually
Bonus Payment: Twice a year
Working Hours: Headquarters (Osaka/ Tokyo) 9:00-17:30, Production Sites (Osaka/ Yamaguchi) 8:00-16:45, Research Site (Kanagawa) 9:00-17:45
Holidays: Saturdays, Sundays, National Holidays, May Day, Year-End Holidays etc. (approx. 123 days in a year)
Paid Leaves: Annual Paid Leave, Special Paid Leave, Sick Leave, Family Support Leave, Maternity Leave, Childcare Leave, Family Nursing Leave.
Flexible Work Styles: Flextime, Telework
Click here to find out Takeda’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Better Health, Brighter Future