Manager, Japan Intellectual Property応募 後で応募 求人ID R0110560 掲載日 11/26/2023 Location:Tokyo, Japan
Please note this job requires business level Japanese in speaking, writing, and reading.
Manager, Japan IP
Do you want to make a positive contribution to patient health? Do you want to influence healthcare in Japan while working alongside great colleagues? As the #1 pharmaceutical company in Japan, Takeda has a strong reputation for being a top employer and bringing Better Health and a Brighter Future to patients. We are looking for a Manager, Japan IPwho will thrive inside the dynamic, supportive environment of our Global General Counsel.
Brighter future for patients. Brighter future for you.
As Takeda continues to steadily grow, our trusted reputation is growing and our company is evolving. We are building a business model driven by putting people first, innovative products and pipeline, and digital technologies. This offers employees an even greater ability to influence the healthcare system and do the right thing for patients throughout Japan. It also creates opportunities and an exciting future for professionals with a drive to succeed.
About the role:
Manager, Japan IP will develop and provide IP strategy and direction in the assigned projects / tasks, especially relating to DD&T field in or across Therapeutic Areas, in Japan IP. You will contribute to global TA support activities, especially relating to DD&T, as part of Global IP TA or Product team on the matters delegated by the team leader (Director, Japan IP). You will serve as a strategic advisor in DD&T related projects within and beyond IP department, and while acting as a primary point person for IP-related matters in DD&T field for select internal communication channels, provide valuable support to enhance DD&T capabilities of Japan IP.
How you will contribute:
- In consultation with the supervisor, develop and implement IP strategies by itself based on region and local needs, including exploring any Business Development (BD) opportunities on the matters delegated by its supervisor, involving relevant stakeholders.
- As a member of the team, contribute to develop and conduct operational excellences at Japan IP.
- As a member of the team, contribute to develop and implement short-term and mid-to-long term goal of the team, which covers both activities and budgets
- Develop human network and find key stakeholders outside IP such as the counterparts at R&D and Commercial functions
- Develop solutions and resolve problems in the scope of the assigned responsibility, where relevant legal precedents in the area of IP may not exist and laws or regulations are ambiguous
- Support global IP activities such as TA activities, litigations and business development in the scope of the assigned responsibility
- Understand the Company’s current and planned business activities, products, facilities, customers, competitors, markets and functions in order to identify relevant legal trends, laws and regulations relating to the assigned tasks.
- Support and contribute to the external affairs in the regional IP industry groups and attorney associations in Japan
- Effectively work with outside counsel providing additional legal services relating to IP, and monitoring and controlling fees and expenses in the scope of the assigned tasks.
- Bachelor or undergraduate degree in data science, computer science, software or its related, biological, chemical sciences or law is preferred.
- Technical expertise in AI, data sciences, software applications and/or digital devices, preferable in the healthcare field
- Digital or IT related certificate or qualification is preferred.
- Sound experience in practicing intellectual property law in the relevant DD&T field.
- Depth of experience in at least one area of intellectual property where person has primary responsibility.
- Able to independently propose methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Capable of independently leading particular intellectual property projects and small teams of individuals on behalf of Takeda.
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence and work successfully with varied audiences.
- Energetic self-starter with leadership
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Language: Japanese and English language skills required
Takeda is a global, values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical leader committed to creating better health for people and a brighter future for the world. For more than 240 years, Takeda has focused on delivering transformative treatments and significantly increasing the value that we bring to society.
What Takeda can offer you:
Allowances: Commutation, Housing, Overtime Work etc.
Salary Increase: Annually
Bonus Payment: Twice a year
Working Hours: Headquarters (Osaka/ Tokyo) 9:00-17:30, Production Sites (Osaka/Yamaguchi) 8:00-16:45, (Narita) 8:45-17:15, Research Site (Kanagawa) 9:00-17:45
Holidays: Saturdays, Sundays, National Holidays, May Day, Year-End Holidays etc. (approx. 123 days in a year)
Paid Leaves: Annual Paid Leave, Special Paid Leave, Sick Leave, Family Support Leave, Maternity Leave, Childcare Leave, Family Nursing Leave.
Flexible Work Styles: Flextime, Telework
Click here to find out Takeda’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Better Health, Brighter Future