Director, EUCAN Access and Reimbursement Policy応募後で応募 求人ID R0022492 掲載日 08/27/2020 Location:Zurich, Switzerland
Director, Europe & Canada Access and Reimbursement Policy
The Lead, Global Oncology Access & Reimbursement Policy will be responsible for Identifying and developing opportunities for Takeda Oncology in oncology access and reimbursement policy in the EU and Canada. This role will be tasked with coordinating with public affairs, market access, and patient advocacy colleagues in the priority EU countries and Canada to shape a positive business and public policy environment for Takeda Oncology’s portfolio. This individual will develop and build relationships with trade associations, key thoughts leaders, and patient groups to further Takeda Oncology’s business priorities.
Work cross-functionally and cross-BU, as well as with external oncology development/ commercialization partners to develop and implement strategies to obtain timely coverage and reimbursement for Takeda Oncology’s approved therapies in the EUCAN. This includes but is not limited to:
• Develop and execute on agreed policy priorities to meet Takeda Oncology’s critical business needs.
• Serves as internal expert on the EUCAN approval processes and reimbursement policies to identity approaches and tools to address the needs of oncology patients.
• Developing and applying an in-depth understanding of the organization, our portfolio and pipeline, and health care systems to build credibility and acceptance of Takeda Oncology’s priorities among internal and external stakeholders and audiences
• Ensures deep understanding within LOCs of the Global Oncology Access and Reimbursement environment to meet or exceed Takeda Oncology’s identified critical business needs and priorities to ensure access
• Work closely and collaboratively with Zurich and Brussels-based teams in international commerce, Business Units, Market Access, Regulatory Affairs, Communications, Legal and other internal customers to shape and deliver government relations and public affairs initiatives, respond to policy shaping opportunities, and manage issues that arise at regional/country levels.
• Work directly with Country Heads and Local Operation Company teams in selected EU markets to ensure adequate public policy monitoring and provide in-country policy support as needed, including managing agency resources.
• Manage internal cross-functional teams and external consultants, in consultation with the OBU Country Head, EUCAN Public Affairs, and LOC heads as appropriate
Shape the external policy environment to enable patient access to approved Takeda Oncology therapies, to include cultivating and maintaining relationships with appropriate and relevant EUCAN policymaker, payer, and patient advocacy stakeholders. This includes but is not limited to:
• Leads or contributes in the development of Takeda Oncology public presentations, submissions, and projects in EUCAN, with input from the cross-functional business.
• Partners with Takeda Pharma BU/LOC in EUCAN to create messaging and engagement around approval, access, coverage, and reimbursement initiatives, including coverage for companion diagnostics and orphan medicines
• Partners with Takeda Oncology EUCAN commercial operations, market access, patient advocacy and other relevant functions to align and incorporate in-line product strategies and pipeline into EUCAN policy objectives
• Identifies the impact of developments within oncology policy and the oncology regulatory landscape, including risks and opportunities and working directly with the Head of Reimbursement and Access Policy, communicating same to global stakeholders within Takeda Oncology.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree; Advanced degree preferred but not required
• Minimum 7 - 10 years of experience in Global oncology access and reimbursement role, and/or oncology policy either in corporate or in a business unit, showcasing increasing responsibility and experience in the same or similar roles
• Proven track record of delivering on programs, policies and initiatives with complex business deliverables driving to success
• Demonstrated strategic enterprise thinking to find innovative ways to serve patients, and build trust, reputation and the business
• Demonstrated success in identifying opportunities and aligning across stakeholders to create an environment that promotes agreed upon priorities
• Ability to focus on the priorities that matter most and deliver superior results
• Proven ability to elevate the capabilities of a cross-functional and cross-BU organization for now and the future
Knowledge & Skills
• Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and executing successful, forward-looking, proactive, comprehensive approaches to access and reimbursement policy
• In depth understanding of global oncology market dynamics as they relate to access and reimbursement policy changes at the state. Federal, and/or international level
• A demonstrated ability to effectively communicate priorities with internal BU colleagues and stakeholders such as government officials and health care audiences including patients and providers
• Comprehensive knowledge of the biopharma sector, including major legislative & regulatory trends and the nature of the competitive environment
• A thorough understanding of and significant experience with the EUCAN oncology market segment including payers, providers, value assessors, and global government actors
• The ability to track and manage multiple issues in the EUCAN with awareness of the US, and effectively prioritize and adjust strategies mid-course, when necessary, is required
• This individual must be a strong team player with experience working in cross-functional, matrix teams
• Proven skills as an effective team player who can engender credibility and confidence within and outside the company
• Demonstrated success in development/execution of cross-functional position development and strategy, including internal briefings for leadership, senior management and business leaders
• well organized, highly motivated, innovative, process driven, and results oriented with outstanding oral and written communication skills
• Embraces and demonstrates a diversity and inclusion mindset and role models these behaviors for the organization
• Experience in managing projects, including overseeing work plans and budgets
Decision-making and Autonomy
• Excellent judgment to make decisions on priorities related to EUCAN public policy issues, and act with a view toward what is in the best interest of the company
• Ability to make highly complex decisions that impact the enterprise.
• Ability to seek diverse input from multiple EUCAN constituents and stakeholders to drive innovative solutions
• Ability to incorporate feedback and ensure timely decision-making and appropriate execution
• Ability to build strong partnerships, drive, and respect role clarity with other interfacing Takeda functions
• Ability to drive specific and broad programs, policies and initiatives to advance and achieve corporate business imperatives
• Effectively navigate the changing external and internal EUCAN environment and lead others through change by creating an engaging workplace
• Effectively negotiate and collaborate with internal and external business partners and demonstrate te ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner
• Visionary and forward thinking with the ability to influence and effectively drive organizational change and continuous innovation in the policy space
• Comfortable challenging the status quo and bringing forward innovative solutions
• Ability to take risks to implement innovative solutions, accelerating time to market
• Completely at ease in the oncology access and reimbursement stakeholder environment