Head of External Supply, Biologics Operating Unit応募 後で応募 求人ID R0008371 掲載日 05/03/2019 Location:Zurich, Switzerland
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as the Head of External Supply, Biologics Operating Unit – for our Global Manufacturing & Supply Division based in our Zurich office.
Takeda is an industry-leading, global pharmaceutical company with an unwavering dedication to putting patients at the center of everything we do. We live our values of Takeda-ism – Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance – and are united by our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
Here, everyone matters, and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. At Takeda, you will make an impact on people’s lives – including your own.
A Typical Day Will Include:
As the Head of External Supply, Biologics Operating Unit working in the Global Manufacturing & Supply Team, you will be empowered to be a core member of the Global Leadership Team. The key objectives of this role are the following:
- Lead an end to end global manufacturing and supply organization, leveraging an extensive and complex network of external or internal Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs).
- Set strategy, build global capabilities and manage core processes to effectively balance demand and supply of Biologics and externally manufactured and/or packaged products for Takeda Global markets.
- Develop and execute global supply sourcing strategies to enable reliable supply of products to patients utilizing both internal and external third-party manufacturing sites.
- Improve Takeda’s ability to meet customer demand and patient needs while creating an effective and an efficient end to end global supply chain.
- External Network Strategy including prioritization of external suppliers, developing strong relationships and leveraging Takeda’s scale to realize value; includes target setting, service level management, performance monitoring, root cause analysis and continuous improvement
- Global demand and supply planning and risk management for Biologics and other externally manufactured products in cooperation with several functions including Global Supply Chain, Global Engineering, Environmental Health & Safety, Strategy and Business Excellence
- Global inventory optimization and management to ensure uninterrupted supply for all products within the Biologics portfolio
- Partnering with the supply sites, businesses and regions to assure service level goals are met while maintaining an appropriate balance between risk and working capital investment
- Build and develop supply chain, analytical and other technical capabilities.
- Implementation of AGILE and digital solutions in collaboration with CMOs.
- Consistently identify strategic opportunities to ensure the company has focused appropriate resources to maximize success
- Support to Business Development & Licensing for due diligence
- Responsible for day to day technical issues at CMOs
- Responsible for Packaging Engineering for CMOs
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Knowledge and experience of Bio-Pharmaceutical Manufacturing (in particular Biologics products)
- Knowledge and experience in supply chain and supplier relationship management
- Knowledge of LEAN and Continuous Improvement to drive Program AGILE
- Knowledge and understanding of leveraging automation, digital and other emerging technologies to improve yield, efficiency and quality
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant regulations enabling effective partnership with Quality
- Knowledge of Takeda strategy and business performance and using that information to anticipate long range planning for products
Ability to lead an end-to-end global manufacturing and supply organization, leveraging an extensive and complex network of external or internal Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMO)
- Ability to build a customer & patient-centered best in class organization, develop diverse talent and elevate organizational performance, by partnering with stakeholders such as quality, supply chain, procurement and Manufacturing Sciences
- Ability to operate cross functionally, working with global supply chain, procurement, product managers, Manufacturing Sciences, Global Quality
- Excellent manager of people and builder of talent.
Decision-making and Autonomy
A member of the Global Manufacturing Supply Committee – the key governance body for defining the dual sourcing and make or buy strategy for Takeda
- Full end to end management and P&L accountability for this Operating Unit
Key Stakeholders include: Procurement; Internal Manufacturing sites, Manufacturing Sciences, Global Supply Chain;
- Unique contribution of thought, experience, background, and skills in leading the development and implementation of an External Network Strategy to enable a common infrastructure, standardized work and business processes and drive performance of best in class supply management
- Demonstrates a firm grasp of industry, scientific and regulatory trends, understands market conditions, and develops strategies to position Takeda as a key customer, manage CMO performance and ensure uninterrupted supply
- Manage external Contract Manufacturing Organizations (up to 15 partners).
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy, Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering or equivalent required
- MBA or similar advance degree preferable
- Minimum 15 years of varied biopharmaceutical manufacturing experience and minimum10 years of management experience required
- Previous leadership experience with matrix cross-functional experience.
- Previous experience with supply chain planning and enterprise level capacity planning processes.
- Demonstrated level of advanced planning skills
- Previous experience in global function roles
- Previous experience in directly working with cross functional teams at a plant or corporate support function level, with direct and regular interaction across functions:
- Product Operations
- Supply Chain
- Site Production Planning Engineering
- Demonstrated experience leading high priority, business critical initiatives within a matrix organization.
- Significant experience in managing cross-functional, global teams.
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills. Ability to build positive working relationships across senior leadership teams.
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Strong business acumen.
- Digital and analytical skills
- Must have English fluency and other language skills advantageous
- Desire to put people first and demonstrate the values of Takeda-ism
- Ability to travel approximately 40-50% of the time
- Strategic enterprise thinking, finding innovative ways to serve patients build reputation and trust
- Creating the environment that inspires and enables people
- Focusing on the few priorities and provide superior results
- Elevating capabilities for now and the future
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com