Head of Tax, Growth & Emerging Markets応募 後で応募 求人ID R0011504 掲載日 08/14/2019 Location:Zurich, Switzerland
- Lead the Growth & Emerging Markets (GEM) tax team and manage Takeda’s tax position of the Takeda Local Operating Companies (LOCs) in GEM Business Unit (BU) covering 30+ Takeda legal entities in Brazil, China, Russia, ICMEA, APAC and SAM.
- Supervise and ensure that all tax matters are being properly handled within the tax functional areas including but not limited to tax accounting, tax compliance, audit defense and TP.
- By serving as an internal tax consultant and business partner, this individual will provide advice to GEM finance and relevant functions departments and help educate employees on the various tax laws and regulations, which affect Takeda’s day-to-day operations.
- Play a key bridge function between the global tax functional leads and GEM finance with the ability to reduce complexity and properly balance local vs. global considerations
- Manage and further develop the GEM tax function in a center of excellence with focus on further simplification of processes, reducing complexity and improved communication
- Ensure professional and transparent communication with relevant tax authorities within GEM
- Establish and maintain network to business within GEM, analyze tax implications for transactions and provide high quality tax support to business partners such as GEM finance, legal, business development, supply chain, HR, country managers, etc.
- Accountable for corporate income tax compliance and tax audit defense within GEM including
- (a) coordinating the preparation of corporate income tax compliance with the Takeda’s Tax Compliance (TCC) in Poland and the local tax service provider
- (b) identification of solutions to manage or mitigate tax risks
- (c) coordination of tax audits
- (d) alignment on information and data requests and liaison with Global tax department on audit defense strategy
- (e) streamline and monitor procedure for indirect tax, withholding taxes (if any) and other taxes.
- Accountable for operationalization and implementation of legal entity restructuring, M&A & in/out-licensing transactions, profit repatriations as well as other non-routine transactions in close cooperation with the tax planning team
- Responsible for monitoring legislative changes within the region which will have a material impact on the business or alerting tax planning team on material changes in the business
- Proactively evaluate tax risks and discuss mitigating actions
- Perform support/advice to GEM finance in relation to specific VAT/Indirect tax matters in close cooperation with global head of indirect tax and TCC
- Monitor and coordinate transfer pricing adjustments / documentation within region in cooperation with Transfer Pricing team
- Review contracts and business initiatives from tax perspective
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and methodological hands-on mastery of all relevant tax functional areas, including transfer pricing, tax accounting and reporting, tax compliance and tax planning.
- Strong tax technical expertise to operationalize and implement tax planning projects and to defend them in tax audits
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions, regions and cultures
- Enterprise level leadership with the ability to inspire, motivate and drive results
- Ability to present complex information clearly and with confidence
- Excellent communicator, able to persuasively convey both ideas and data, verbally and in writing
- Proven skills as an effective team player who can engender credibility and confidence within and outside the company
- Ability to distil complex issues and ideas down to simple comprehensible terms
- Embraces and demonstrates a diversity and inclusion mindset and role models these behaviors for the organization
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Broad decision making responsibilities:
- Ability to make highly complex decisions that impact the enterprise
- Accountable for decision making for tax compliance and tax audits in GEM
- Ability to seek diverse input from multiple constituents and stakeholders to drive innovative solutions
- Ability to incorporate feedback and ensure decisions are made swiftly to yield flawless execution
- Accountable for designing and implementing vision and strategy for designated scope
Foster solutions-oriented thinking by fostering a culture of performance, accountability, simplicity, empowerment, external orientation and curiosity.
- Effectively navigates the changing external and internal environment and leads others through change by creating and inspiring and engaging workplace
- Effectively negotiates and collaborates with business partners and demonstrates the ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner
- Ability to build strong partnerships and drive role clarity with other interfacing Takeda functions, including but not limited to Sales, Marketing, Managed Markets, Finance, IT, Procurement, HR, Legal/Compliance, Medical Affairs, Communications, Public Affairs, external vendors, and others.
- Visionary and forward thinking with the ability to influence and effectively drive organizational change and continuous innovation
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and bringing forward innovative solutions
- Ability to take risks implementing innovative solutions, accelerating time to market
- Ability to identify areas for process and systems innovation and implement change that will enhance the overall effectiveness of the team.
- Ability to work in a global and highly matrixed ecosystem (internal and external) with a high degree of complexity
- High complexity in terms of number of legal entities and markets covered, also in light of Shire integration
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- University Degree in accounting/finance/law, Masters Degree in Economics/Finance or Law Degree, preferably with a specialization in Taxation
- Strong knowledge of tax laws in at least one region (APAC; LATAM, NEMEA, CIS)
- Comprehensive understanding of accounting for income taxes
- Strong tax research, oral and written skills
- Multilingual with strong command of English
- Supervisory and management experience
- Minimum 12 years of relevant professional tax experience of which 4 years within industry
- The ability to deal with details/complexity while keeping the big picture
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- CPA and/or certification as tax specialist (in line with regional industry standards)
- Relevant experience within Takeda or the global life science industry
- Public accounting experience
- Fluency in Spanish